Discover your family's story.
Start with your name.
United States » U.S. Census » USGenWeb Census Projects
There are currently several different web sites for the USGenWeb project regarding U.S. census records:
- Census Project (USGenWeb) - State Census Index
This site lists where volunteers are needed for transcription. The state pages give both links where there are censuses that need to be transcribed and links to completed transcriptions.
- Free Census Project (USGenWeb), Completed Transcriptions (Census Online Inventory Index)
Lists the completed transcriptions currently online, updated weekly. Copies of these transcriptions are placed in the USGenWeb Archives.
- The USGenWeb Census Project
The US census data on this site was transcribed and proofread by USGenWeb Census Project volunteers.
- The USGenWeb Census Project On-Line Census Inventory
State-by-state inventory of transcribed censuses with links to scanned images.
- USGenWeb Archives Census Project; Census Images
The USGenWeb Archives program for storing scanned census images.